3.3.12

Silver stallion

Have I mentioned how much I love putting my iPod on shuffle and just drifting away?

I have realized that I don't do this enough anymore. To be honest, I don't listen to music enough anymore. It makes me sad.

Regardless, when I do throw on my tunes I always find peace and relaxation.

Today was a particularly... blah day. I'm going to leave it at that. There isn't much better that I can say about today.

I crawled into bed after a much needed night on my own. I plugged in my iPod and the first track that rolled was pure gold. It captured me instantly.

Peaceful and soothing, Silver Stallion by Cat Power hit my ears and I could feel myself sink into my pillow. The track is off of Cat Power's 2008 album Jukebox. It's primarily composed of cover songs. Silver Stallion is a cover of a 1978 recording by Lee Clayton.


Silver Stallion by Cat Power
I'm gonna steal a silver stallion
With not a mark upon his silky hide
Teach him he can trust me like a sister
One day we'll saddle up and ride

And we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
With the devil close behind
We're gonna ride, we're gonna ride

I'm gonna find me a reckless man
Razor blades and dice in his eyes
Just a touch of sadness in his fingers
Thunder and lightening in his thighs

And we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
With the devil close behind
We're gonna ride, we're gonna ride

I'm gonna chase the sky forever
With the man, the stallion and the wind
The sun is gonna burn into a cinder
Before we ever pass this way again

And we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride
Ride like the one eyed jack of diamonds
With the devil close behind
We're gonna ride, we're gonna ride

No comments: