23.7.11

Start My Machine...

Do you ever have those days where you just feel really alone? Like there is no one there to listen to your thoughts...other than your own mind? Do you ever feel like, even if someone is there to listen to you, they just don't understand a single word that is coming out of your mouth? Like as if it isn't even a language they understand or speak?


Well, today was one of those days for me. Let's not get into details because typically, the less you know, the better off you are.

Anyhow, I don't know about you guys, but I have a few remedies when I find myself in funks like this. Numero uno is music. I've said it a million times over the course of my life, but music is my life blood. If I can relate the words that are being shared, chances are I will find energy in that. At the very least, I find relief.

When I get really bummed, there is one specific thing that I go to that helps rev me up. It's a combination of visual stimulation and audio stimulation, and it truly does inspire me to keep my head up and move on to the next day."Start The Machine" is a music documentary, or rockumentary if you will, about one of my favorite bands, Angels & Airwaves. I honestly cannot describe to you exactly what it is about the documentary that really gets my engine started, so to speak. To be honest, I think that it is the combination of the music alongside the story of the artist and how the music came to be. I won't lie when I say that Angels & Airwaves is arguably my favorite band, and that is due completely to the inspirational lyrics and riffs in their songs.

Here is the trailer for "Start The Machine":

Anyhow, I highly recommend that you check out the rockumentary, "Start The Machine". If you haven't heard of or listened to Angels & Airwaves, perhaps after watching "Start The Machine" you will.

No comments: