15.7.11

Up All Night...For Real

All right folks. I've dabbled in blogging before. I've had a number of personal blogs, none of which I have managed to upkeep for much longer than a few months. I hope to buck that trend with my latest effort, Up All Night.


For those of you who know me, you have probably already guessed that I have named this blog after a song... and you wouldn't be entirely incorrect in that assumption. However, I felt that this was a fitting title for my daily entries and mutterings because, well, typically I am up all night in reality. I've always been a so-called "night owl" and that is often when I find my most productive hours. Is that healthy? Probably not. Is it my reality? Currently, yes it is.

Let's go back to the song though. For those of you who don't know, blink-182 was my childhood favorite. Their teen-angsty lyrics and catchy pop-punk riff raffs encapsulated me. During those early tweenie bopping/teenage years of mine, I felt like blink-182 knew me, and I knew them simply because of how much I related to some of the things they spoke of in their songs. With their recent reunion, I've found myself once again reconnecting with what I ultimately consider the music of my teenage years. And bless their hearts, those crappy punk-rockers decided to reconnect with me when they released their latest single "Up All Night."

Check out http://www.blink182.com/upallnight/ for streaming audio of the single. And while you're at it, read along with the lyrics as you listen. It gives the song a lot more meaning.

Here are the lyrics from blink's latest single:


Everyone wants to call it all around our life with a better name
Everyone falls and spins and gets up again with a friend who does the same
Everyone lies and cheats their wants and needs and still believes their heart
And everyone gets the chills, the kind that kills when the pain begins to start

Let me get this straight, do you want me here?
As I struggle through each and every year
And all these demons, they keep me up all night
They keep me up all night
They keep me up all night

Everyone's cross to bears the crown they wear on endless holiday
Everyone raises kids in a world that changes life to a bitter game
Everyone works and fights, stays up all night to celebrate the day
And everyone lives to tell the tale of how we die alone some day

Let me get this straight, do you want me here?
As I struggle through each and every year
And all these demons, they keep me up all night
They keep me up all night
They keep me up all night
They keep me up all night
They keep me up all night
So with all of this being said, you might be asking "Taylor, what can we expect from you here on Up All Night?" Well, kids...I keep my hockey banter to NHLconnection, so here on Up All Night, I will cover pretty much any other area of life that interests me. Chances are you will be seeing a fair share of song lyrics here. Time to time you will likely see an entry or two that seems like a rant. Other days, I might just fire something up for the sake of firing something up. Moral of the story...this will be like "A Day in the Life" of Taylor. And yes, that is a Beatles reference.

Hopefully some of what I share, you will be able to relate to. If not, that's ok. Cheers to beers kids.

1 comment:

jeremy.kuhn said...

love the title of the blog dude!