26.11.11

One day I spoke with Gavin Rossdale

I'm not usually one to gush over contact with celebrities, but this time I feel like it.


During one of my recent sleepless nights, I was bored and just trolling Twitter like I usually do at 3am. I've always had this small goal to get either retweeted or replied to by a "celebrity" or band/musician of some sort. Over my time on Twitter, my efforts have ranged from trying to get a response from the likes of Katy Perry, Matthew Good, Angels & Airwaves etc etc. On this occasion, my efforts took me to Gavin Rossdale:


Now for those of you who do not know who Gavin Rossdale is, allow me to enlighten you:
  1. Most importantly, he is a VERIFIED user on Twitter. This means that he has serious Klout.
  2. Second most importantly, he is married to Gwen Stefani. I hope I do not need to tell you who she is. If you are puzzled, please click on her name.
  3. He is the lead singer of the band Bush
So I tweeted @GavinRossdale, not really expecting to hear back from him. Until...

Oh my JEEZ, he replied to me! *SWOON* 

Next step: try to continue the conversation without seeming like a creepy stalker.


Damnit, I called him "my friend." That is creepy considering that I have never met him. How can we be friends if we have never met? We can't be friends...or can we? Can we be Twitter friends now that we've conversed? What do social rules dictate in this situation?



Well that was a nice little conversation. I decided it best to leave it while I still had Rossdale's respect. 

Am I weird? Probably. On the other hand, I'm sure that many of you have done similar things with the hope of getting some sort of response or acknowledgment from a celeb. I would be interested to hear your stories, so post them in the comment section!

Finally, here is my song for today... Forever May You Run by Gavin Rossdale. He also put forth a pretty stellar solo album. 



Love Remains the Same by Gavin Rossdale

A thousand times I've seen you standing
Gravity like a lunar landing
You make me wanna run till I find you
I shut the world away from here
Drift to you, you're all I hear
As everything we know fades to black

Half the time the world is ending
Truth is I am done pretending

I never thought that I
Had anymore to give
You're pushing me so far
Here I am without you
Drink to all that we have lost
Mistakes we have made
Everything will change
But love remains the same

Find a place where we escape
Take you with me for a space
The city buzz sounds just like a fridge
I walk the streets, through seven bars
I have to find just where you are
The faces seem to blurr
They're all the same

Half the time the world is ending
Truth is I am done pretending

I never thought that I
Had anymore to give
You're pushing me so far
Here I am without you
Drink to all that we have lost
Mistakes we have made
Everything will change
But love remains the same

So much more to say
So much to be done
Don't you trick me now
We shall overcome
So all that's left is to pray
But we should have had the sun
We could have been inside
Instead we're over here

Half the time the world is ending
Truth is I am done pretending
Too much time, too long defending
You and I are done pretending

I never thought that I
Had anymore to give
You're pushing me so far
Here I am without you
Drink to all that we have lost
Mistakes we have made
Everything will change
Everything will change

I, oh I
I wish this could last forever
I, oh I
As if we could last forever

Love remains the same
Love remains the same

2 comments:

Brendan Kergin said...

I like how the fact he's married to Stefani rates higher than Bush lead singer.

NightHawk11 said...

@ Rogue Towel - isn't that quite clearly more important? C'mon, it's Gwen Stefani!