2.11.11

The worst update ever...

It's 1 a.m. and I realize that I have not updated in a while.

I want to update more than this, but it is 1 a.m., the Flames lost brutally tonight and earlier I watched a real life soap opera unfold as three or four bars fought it out over occupancy increases in Kamloops city council today. Besides that, the major issue was over a porta-potty in a residential-area park for a protest group. Oh, the musings of small town politics. Le sigh.


I realize I probably look like a big city snob with that last statement. Honestly, that really isn't how I intend it. Oddly enough, I am actually taking interest in some of those issues...which is more than I can say about any other major political issues in either big city that I have previously lived in. I'm just really tired right now.

Here is my current update:

1) I'm participating in Movember for the third year in a row. Check me out;
2) I'm trying desperately to get NHLconnection.ca back up and running with little to no success right now due to lack of time and energy;
3) I'm listening to Eric Clapton a lot the past few days;
4) I'm taking an interest in some small town political issues, which is oddly out of character for me (see porta-potty issue/ Occupy Kamloops movement);
5) I'm growing ever frustrated with my "athletic muscle tear that requires surgical repair";
6) I'm looking forward more and more to Toronto in 2012 and the unbelievable opportunity that I have;
7) At the same time, I'm uber disappointed in being unable to hike the West Coast Trail with Thomas Cowan and/or hit Europe with Thomas Cowan, Saadiq Sumar, David Charlton and whoever else may be making it over there in 2012.

Until next time, keep it classy...wherever you are. Who even says that any more? Keep it classy? Whatever, Ron Burgundy. Thanks for your contribution. You're the worst (I'm referring to Ron Burgundy, not you).



No comments: