16.1.12

Procrastination station and immune system conditioning coaches

Well folks, I am home.

Home from Hope. Safe in Kamloops. Warm and cozy in my nice little den.

As per the title, I am currently procrastinating from writing a short personal essay that is due tomorrow in class. I feel it reasonable that I procrastinate from doing this as I am actually banned from going to class tomorrow. And the next day. And possibly the day after that.


If you haven't already heard, I was in contact with a tiny little virus called Norwalk this weekend. I was in Victoria for the Canadian University Press 74th annual national conference when the outbreak of the virus occurred.

Thankfully, I "avoided illness" as this CFJC video so pleasantly communicates.

I attribute my strong immune system to my good ol' days in Lister Hall back at the University of Alberta. Having lived within those dank old halls for four years, my immune system was challenged like never before and in ways that it will never be challenged again. That residence is a cesspool of disease, bacteria and grossness of many kinds. Today, my immune system would like to thank Lister Hall for being a fantastic conditioning coach.

As a result of coming in contact with the illness, my university has barred me from attending classes for at least 48-hours. I am a bit annoyed, but I also understand the school's position on the matter.

On the bright side, I can stay up all night writing my personal essay (and procrastinating) because I can sleep all day tomorrow when I am not allowed to attend class.

No comments: