8.2.12

Music mends...

When I'm stressed I like to find a good set of tunes and just slip away while enjoying the peaceful melodies or relaxing piano track.

Music is a powerful vehicle.


It can evoke emotion in a person. It can give a person a venting ground for pent up emotion. It can allow a person to be someone else, even if only for a moment. And often that momentary escape can save a person from going off the deep-end.

A long time ago I heard someone say that music mends broken hearts. At the time, I really latched on to that saying. It was really true for me considering the space that I was in at the time.

I want to make an amendment to that quote. After years of enjoying music in many forms, environments, styles and for various reasons, I believe that music mends.

It doesn't have to be a broken heart.

It could be shattered confidence.

It could be a loss of faith.

It could be any momentary or enduring struggle, no matter what the significance.

Music is powerful.

Music is embracing.

Music mends.

No comments: