22.5.12

Meanwhile, back in Radioland...

Once upon a time, I had a radio show back in Kamloops, B.C.

My co-host and I played rockin' indie and alternative, with the occasional splash of hip hop, bubble gum pop and other fun tunes.

Unfortunately, with both of us living on opposite sides of this beautiful country (he is in Victoria; I am in Toronto) it became a bit difficult for us to continue our on-air shenanigans through the summer.


We both love music and that has driven us to continue providing an access point for our listeners to find some of the best in Canadian indie music.

I wanted to take this opportunity to do a little bit of shameless self-promotion. I don't often pump my own tires, so I think I am allowed this one go.

Check out our show's blog RIGHT HERE. Today marks the first day that we fire up Threat Shark Summer, a twice-weekly, 10-song playlist featuring Canadian indie tracks that have caught our ears.

Today's playlist is courtesy of yours truly and features 10 different Canadian artists, including AUSTRA, Hey Ocean! and Said the Whale.

Check it out and let me know what you think! If you've tracked down a great Canadian band that you feel needs some recognition, leave a comment or hit me up on Twitter (@manovrboard).


No comments: