18.10.11

This Ghost Doesn't Haunt Me

First off, I am disappointed with myself for not posting entries here as often as I would like. I'm going to try to improve upon that moving forward. I can't make any promises though.

Tonight, rather than completing my assigned readings for a media theory class, I chose to watch hockey and listen to music. Seems like a logical choice right? Let's just hope my professor doesn't drop a pop quiz tomorrow. That concern isn't entirely unfounded either...he has already threatened us with pop quizzes. Life wouldn't be exciting if we didn't take risks, right? I know, I know...I'm a real modern day Evil Knievel daring to skip readings at the risk of a pop quiz.


Anyhow, if you hadn't already guessed (or seen my Last.FM account) I have been listening to the new blink-182 album "Neighborhoods" repeatedly. One of my personal favourites off of the new album is entitled "Ghost On The Dance Floor." It has a catchy beat and infectious lyrics. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm enjoying the new blink album to no end. I may have had to wait eight years for the pop-punk trio to release a new album, but right now it seems like it was well worth the wait.

Here are the lyrics for "Ghost On The Dance Floor." Have a listen to the track while you read along...



I'll never let you down boy, I'll never let you go.
Her subtle hint of life is so innocent and scary.
"So tell me that you're here boy," she says as if she knows.
When God took her with time, God made me quite alone. 
It's like the universe has left me without a place to go.
Without a hint of light to watch the movement glow.
Where our song was slowly starting, your memory felt so real.
At first against my will, but God invented chills. 
Yeah I, I saw your ghost tonight, the moment felt so real.
If your eyes stay right on mine, my wounds would start to heal. 
The kids are in a hurry and I'm just full of fear.
The lights make bodies blurry, it's getting hard enough to hear.
It's like the evidence is cared for, and evidently clear.
If I never leave this dance floor, I'll never leave you here. 
Yeah I, I saw your ghost tonight, the moment felt so real.
If your eyes stay right on mine, my wounds would start to heal. 
I felt your ghost tonight, and God it felt like hell
To know you're almost mine, but dreams are all I feel. 
Yeah I, I saw your ghost tonight, it f*cking hurt like hell.
I felt you here tonight, but dreams can't all be real. 
I saw your ghost tonight, it f*cking hurt like hell.
I felt you here tonight, but dreams can't all be real.

No comments: