10.6.12

Agent Zero

Life is always changing. It doesn't matter who you are, where you are or what you are doing. Whether you realize it or not, your life is changing, even if in the most minuscule way. 

It's funny when you realize that this change is taking place. Chances are it is something that has been a long time coming and you just failed to realize it. On the flip side, it is entirely possible that you did see it coming, but failed to accept it.

The latter was applicable to me today.

I like to consider myself as a fairly strong and independent person. That being said, every one needs a person to talk to every once and a while. Today was one of those days.

Not really thinking, I fired off a text to the person that, for a very long time, was always there for me to talk to no matter the situation and vice-versa. We've grown apart over the past few months and this is something that I've been aware of. But it didn't occur to me today when I reached out for someone to talk with.

I was promptly blown off and told, "some other time."

I was shocked. I'm not sure why, because really, I should have expected this sort of response. Still, I was shocked that after so many years of being there for this person, they would choose to brush me off in this manner despite how things have become between us. And our conversation ended.

Today I realized that I've lost one of the best friends I've ever had.



Agent Zero (Acoustic) by Arkells

I used to find a little peace in the lay up line
When I start sweating, when I start to unwind
I used to find a little peace under the bright lights
When I start sweating, I start to unwind 
A little came to me in 1985
Got in the car, started to drive
We headed west, put Overtown behind
Dad was looking for a Hollywood sign 
There was a time I could only impress you
You can tell by now, I'm only guessing 
They kept asking me to describe
The logic that was running through my mind
Ali had Cossell through hard times
But Wilbon, on this one, had to decline 
There was a time I could only impress you
You could tell by now that I'm only guessing
If you're saying the clocks run down and the red light's glowing
If your mind's made up, then I'll get going
Turn all the lights down low
Turn all the lights down low
Turn all the lights down low
Turn all the lights down low 
Turn all the lights down low
Turn all the lights down low
Turn all the lights down low
Turn all the lights down low

No comments: